- Climate resilient water management
- Energy efficient water systems
- Reducing fugitive greenhouse emissions from wastewater treatment.
What are the novel ideas and solutions
- Understanding the factors that make drinking water supplies resilient to extreme weather events including fires, floods, droughts, heatwaves, and wind.
- Optimisation of low-energy solutions for drinking water and wastewater treatment.
- Adjusting wastewater treatment processes to minimise production and release of fugitive greenhouses gasses including CO2, CH4 and N2O.
Stuart Khan – Civil Engineering